Sharing your Stereo Images and Movies On-line
YouTube viewing choices. If you click the top choice it will display a sscreen where you can select your viewing method.
Nvidieo 3D Vision Live lets you upload stereo images in the formats shown above.
When you are ready to start sharing your stereo photos with others there are a number of photo sharing Web sites to consider. Since so much is happening in this area, periodically search the Web for "3D photo sharing" to find new sites.
- YouTube (youtube.com) is the place to display your 3D movies. There are many ways to post them, some much more complicated than others. The easiest way is to use the My- FinePix Studio program that comes free with a Fuji 3D camera. How to do this is discussed in the Uploading 3D Movies to YouTube section in Chapter 4.
- Start 3D (start3d.com) let's you post still images and view
them as Piku-Piku (wiggle 3D); red/cyan and yellow/blue anaglyphs; side by side parallel and cross view.
- 3dPho.to let's you upload your 3D images or video in any format: MPO, Loreo half-frame, or separate left-right images. Visitors can then view them in their preferred way, from cross-eyed to autostereo.
- Phereo (phereo.com) let's you view images in 3D Vision,
anaglyph, cross view, parallel view, V-inter, H-intr, ch-inter, and wiggle 3D.
- Vimeo's 3D Channel (www.vimeo.com/stereoscopy) has
a Stereo 3D Channel to showcase independent 3D films and to connect 3D filmmakers. Whether you're a filmmaker or just a 3D fan, they encourage you to comment and critique the films.
- Nvidieo 3D Vision Live (www.3dvisionlive.com) lets you
register and then click Upload to display a drop-down menu listing stereo formats you can upload.
- To post stereo images on your own Web site you can use StereoPhoto Maker. This program has both a StereoPhoto- Viewer Applet and a Stereo Flash Viewer. Both of these are discussed in Chapter 4. You can also search for and look into viewers such as Nuvision 3D Plug-in, DepthCharge Plug-in, and the Stereoscopic Java Applet, by Andreas Petersik.